Sunday, August 07, 2011

Communication Skills, Comic Strips

Building a website or a business online is always about communication. I'm often amused how programmers put up wording on sites that makes perfect sense to them but to all the likely users, it's just Greek.

Recent examples that I've seen on my sites are when programmers, thinking they are simplifying but helping people find info, put a link to filters. Can non-technical people make any sense of why there is a link to filters?


The cartoon below in in the same vein. It made me laugh. The site that it is from (XKCD.com) says it's OK to use it so long as its properly referenced.

The xkcd site cracks me up. Even the forum topics were witty and dry. http://forums.xkcd.com/
For instance:
Serious Business
For the serious discussion of weighty matters and worldly issues. No off-topic posts allowed

Mathematics
For the discussion of math. Duh. 



I have often wondered why I don't hire some comic strip writers to jazz up my social media. Anyone know any social media-aware cartoonists who want to make killer cartoons for me for not all that much money?

No comments: