Saturday, February 22, 2014

What Social Media Links does Google Count?

Google says that they rate sites based on whether other sites cite them as in, are there meaningful natural links.  I wondered how his applies to links on social media so I dug into Webmaster tools and found the following:

Youtube links - reported in Google's Webmaster tools. Not clear whether it's just in the original post or the comments too.

Facebook - Google apparently doesn't list them. It's been much reported that Facebook blocks the Google spiders.

Twitter - same as Facebook

Linkedin - I expected to find Linkedin reported but I did not. This is surprising to me and counter to what I've heard.  Anybody have any reaction?

Pinterest - Goolge reports these.

BTw, what you do you think of they way that our social media icons are working on Science4Us?  We have both the shares and the likes up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great work thanks

Cheap SEO Packages